Track & Field
Tips for a Successful Track Season
- Establish the Track and Field Foundation
- Focus On Athlete Development, Not the Events
- Rhythm Before Speed
Information regarding tryouts is generally announced in February.
All participation forms and an up-to-date sports physical can be filled out through Final Forms after July 1. All forms must be completed prior to first day of open gym and tryouts.
- No cell phones or jewelry in the areas of competition.
- We asked our athletes to pack their bags the night before and overpack. Athletes can always take clothes off if they get too warm. We also suggest water and a light snack.
- If athletes have “track spikes” we ask that they only wear them when they run their race. Warm ups and cool downs should be done in their running shoes.